March 28, 2007

A Play A Day #348

Finishing


Cast:
Al
Enn

Setting: Bare stage


(lights up, Al and Enn enter talking)

Al: It's just that...

Enn: Sometimes.

Al: I get the...

Enn: Feeling.

Al: That my own...

Enn: Thoughts.

Al: Are not always...

Enn: Entirely.

Al: My own. Does that make...

Enn: Sense.

Al: Yeah. Sense.

Enn: No.

Al: Well. I guess it's like...

Enn: This.

Al: I'm definitely a product of...

Enn: Media.

Al: So most days, I find...

Enn: Myself.

Al: Restating bland...

Enn: Catchphrases.

Al: And trite...

Enn: Taglines.

Al: So that the...

Enn: Ideas.

Al: That I like to think...

Enn: I.

Al: That I like to think I...

Enn: Create.

Al: Are really just...

Enn: Vomited.

Al: The partially-digested...

Enn: Slogans.

Al: And...

Enn: Sayings.

Al: Of a culture...

Enn: Dizzy.

Al: No...

Enn: Drunk.

Al: On its own...

Enn: Speed.

Al: So all people are...

Enn: Caught.

Al: By a societal...

Enn: Imperative.

Al: Not based on...

Enn: Reflection.

Al: But rather on...

Enn: Reiteration.

Al: A sort of thought...

Enn: Regurgitation.

Al: Which I guess isn't all...

Enn: Bad.

Al: Because I...

Enn: Know.

Al: Or have I just been...

Enn: Told.

Al: That I know that a...

Enn: Mind.

Al: Is a terrible thing to...

Enn: Waste.

Al: But it must be...

Enn: Better.

Al: If your mind is...

Enn: Reduced.

Al: Or at least...

Enn: Reused.

Al: Or recycled.

(long pause)

Enn: Where do you get these crazy ideas?

Al: I don't know. They just appear...

Enn: All by themselves.

Al: Yeah. All by themselves.

Enn: Wow. I don't get you.

Al: That's alright. Everyone else does.

(they exit)

(end)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You just shit on 95% of my conversation material! Well done!