February 25, 2007

A Play A Day #318

Once Upon A Time The End


Cast:
Kevin
Luna

Setting: Two chairs, facing audience.


(Lights up, enter Kevin)

Kevin: Here we are. The end of things.

(sits, enter Luna)

Luna: I met a man!

(sits)

K: We have tried everything.

L: Handsome.

K: Counseling.

L: Funny.

K: Getaways.

L: Kind.

K: Books.

L: The first date went so well.

K: What can we do to save it?

L: Good food and so relaxing and many, many kisses.

K: We don't even kiss anymore.

L: Such a good kisser!

K: It's time to decide if we want to fight for this.

L: So many dates. He knew where to go. He knew how to turn me on.

K: Is it worth it?

L: He's very confident in himself.

K: Of course you love me.

L: Sometimes to the point of being stuck-up.

K: We disagree on some things.

L: Never believes he can make a mistake.

K: I don't think we really ever fight.

L: We argue.

K: We just sail along; we will accomplish so much together.

L: Why does he do that?!

K: She looks so good on my arm.

L: He gets so critical.

K: Tall.

L: Even harsh.

K: Skinny.

L: God forbid I gain one pound!

K: Radiant.

L: He'll attack me for it!

K: She's just so hot!

L: I'm not his arm candy!

K: Everyone notices me when I'm with her.

L: I'm not a doll!

K: The first date was amazing.

L: I should have seen it coming.

K: Lots of kissing.

L: Why did I mistake handsome for deep, charming for meaningful, eager for committed?

K: This is going to be so great!

L: We've tried everything.

K: I'm going to have some jealous friends.

L: It's not worth it. I will not be any man's trophy.

K: I met a woman!

L: So, here we are. The end of things.

(they look at each other, lights out)

(end)

1 comment:

ShOI said...

A dramatic palindrome, and structurally reminiscent of Memento... Nice work!