August 15, 2006

A Play A Day #124

And Then, And Then

Cast:
Lacey (13 or 14 years old)
Stacey (same)
Lacey's Mom (voice of)

Setting: A porch swing


Lacey: And then he said...

Stacey: Really?

L: And so I said...

S: Yeah?

L: And also...

S: Ohmigod!

L: Right, and then we...

S: That's so cool!

L: But he was all like...

S: What a jerk!

L: Exactly, so I said...

S: Awesome!

L: And then, we all...

S: That was smart!

L: And then, they started to...

S: What?!

L: Right, and then, they just...

S: That's amazing!

L: Couldn't believe it! They were all...

S: How'd you survive even?!

L: Not easy, but wait, then he...

S: You should've left!

L: We tried, but he...

S: Then what?

L: Well, and then she had...

S: Uggghhh! What is wrong with her?!

L: I don't know, 'cuz she kept on...

S: What a total brat!

L: You saidit! And then he...

S: Geez... I knew it!

L: Anyway, I kept yelling that...

S: Good for you!

L: And then they were like...

S: Figures.

L: So we couldn't...

S: Right! Right!

L: And then they both...

S: Ahhhh! Unbelievable!!

Lacey's Mom: (voice from offstage) Lacey! I can hear you out there! Stop with the gossip! You know what I've always told you: if you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all!

L: That's what we're doing, Mom!

(pause)

L: And then, he went...

S: Gross!

(lights out)

(end)

No comments: